When you hire Molly Maid, you’re hiring a professional. One of the brands of Molly Maid’s professional cleaning service is that we clean your house with a game plan in mind. A strategy that assumes cleanliness in a systematic and organized way (having the flexibility to incorporate your personalized desires).
Surprised to share our secrets? We love cleanliness and love to train. And, we know that our customers love our service. Besides, sharing is good. Use our home cleaning checklist to clean your house efficiently and thoroughly:
- Before you start going from room to room, pause first to put on a big and lively song. That’s better. Now take the mess, and as you go, feel free to guess your belongings. The less you have, the less you will have to save, clean and dust: Scrutinizing books, magazines, newspapers, DVDs, furniture, toys that have grown children, old computers that you have defeated, old clothes and shoes in the closets…is time to donate and recycle? Turn off the lamps and ceiling fans as you go to the next scan job.
- Speaking of cabinets, if you have any fear of opening, face your fears your time to minimize and organize.
- Powder (go from left to right, top to bottom) with microfiber cloths. This will reduce allergens and improve air quality in your home. Moistened fabrics attached to the ends of mops and brooms work very well to remove the cobwebs. For Slate blinds, use the rope to close them one way and dust, then shut the other way and repeat that it is effective and much more efficient than trying to make a slat at a time. Don’t forget to hit the door caps, fans, light fixtures, and SIM frames, each of your trinkets (keep them in exposure cases to reduce the scanning job). For the face of framed photos, TV screens and computer monitors, use glass cleaner on your cotton cloth or microfiber to avoid stretch marks.
- Vacuum. Make sure that your bag/compartment is not already full, and use appropriate adjustments and accessories. Hit the floor through the house, and upholstered furniture. Let yourself be amazed by all those lost items (socks, your favorite pen) that you find your couch cushions.
- Sweep/dust/treat floors (except kitchen). To scrub, start at the farthest corner of the room and return to the entrance. Rinse mop after finishing each 4 x 4 foot area.
- Refrigeration furniture. Occasionally, some wooden furniture needs a good tarpaulin.